Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Painting for Dennis


A while before Dennis died, I started painting a series of paintings using symbols that promoted good health. This was the last one I painted.

I am an abstract artist, so this may not be your cup of tea. But Dennis liked it and I loved it.

It is Dennis (on the right) yelling at his brain (the big head shaped thing - he did have a big head) to start working the way it was suppose to work. The angel is because we both knew all the yelling, anger and frustration in the whole wide world would not change the outcome. Dennis was dying and we knew it.

Those last years of care-giving were difficult at the best of times. But I was proud of the way both of us handled Dennis' impending death. We fought like hell to make life as good as possible. We also learned to accept the inevitable with grace and honesty. We spoke, cried and yelled our anger out, especially during the last 6 months.

Ann

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Would love to see it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Ann. I'm not usually a fan of abstract art, but I love the colors you used here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

    You took amazing care of Dennis - I hope you're taking care of yourself as well now.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geesh, Annie. You have a wonderful talent. This picture is so beautiful. I had no idea you painted like this. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 'colours'. (not a spelling error, I originate from England, old habits die hard!). Very profound content.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann, just checking in and readng your blog site here... catching up..It´s almost 3am here.. I can´t think of anything to say..except hugs to you, girl..and thinking of Dennis and your journey..

    Iva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dennis is returning as a pelican.. we don´t have too many here, as you can guess..but if I run into any on my travels..I will call out Daniellito!!! Now tell me..why "Daniellito"???

    Iva

    ReplyDelete