Saturday, March 19, 2011

Recovery

The last three weeks I let Jane and Ralph take care of me. It wasn't until I came home to a needy cat and an even needier cat sitter, that I realized just how much I really needed to be cared for. As much as I miss Dennis, I do not miss the care-giving aspect of our relationship.

This week I took care of myself. I had three long over-due doctor visits and procedures and a dental appointment. I also contacted several friends and made plans for the next month for lunches, happy hours and walks around the lakes. I made a list of things that I need to complete to get the dead Dennis done with (taxes, county recovery reports, medicare....) allowing me to remember the rest of Dennis.

I also went back to work - my very part time job - and picked up a few new responsibilities to complete sometime over the next few weeks.

I programmed my Wii Fit Plus with a new program that would keep me working out for 43 minutes at a time. I still have my ChaLean program to work when I want (although I don't want right now) and my walks around the lakes.

Yes, I am on the road to recovery and building a new life.

Ann

1 comment:

  1. Good! I'm sure there will be times of grief, but taking care of yourself now is so important. I'm glad you're doing that. I've missed your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete