Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life After Care Giving

What does a girl do after devoting three years to caring for the man she loves? I guess she starts a new blog.

Unfortunately it starts with the mundane. Life becomes filled with paper work, donating, and phone calls. Friends slowly call, write and ask how they can help. Bills that I have happily given over to my partner are now needing to be handled by me.

Slowly I am picking myself up and I am trying to design a life without Dennis. We all knew this day was coming, we tried to prepare, but who is ever ready?

Not me, I guess.

So if you are willing to go onto the next chapter in my life with me, I am ready to share once again. As always I will be brutally honest, perhaps a bit too honest, and hopefully with my quirky sense of humor.

Until later,

Ann, on her own

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ann!

    I so know what you are going thru as Susan required so much during her short lifetime..and then, one moment she was there with us..and the other, she was gone... and what now? Who was I? And I had 3 children and a husband, Ann. But who was I? And what now?

    No paths are the same..so write when you can..all and everything..just as you promise here. I am thinking of you (and Dennis) 24/7..you both are in all my moments..so many are thinking of you and Dennis all over the world, dear Annie. I read about their thoughts and feelings..everywhere here in on the net.

    My girl, thinking of you and sending you so many hugs..and so much love.

    Sounds like you have quite a bit to do..I guess this is good..or so the "wise" say..but take time to grieve..as our very dear friend, MountainAsh, wrote to me not to long ago when my mom died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Sorry..forgot to sign my name..but you have probably guessed :)

    Love, Iva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iva, I am so sorry that I was unaware that your mom died. We were probably on a trip. My condolences to you.

    Have I told you lately that I LOVE you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann -- my heart goes out to you. I have followed your blog for over a year, found it when my husband, Denny, was diagnosed with MSA in October, 2009. Thank you for your honesty, for sharing your frustrations, your sense of humor -- all have helped me to get through many difficult times already.

    Love and hugs,
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete