Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spirit of Dennis

I was cleaning out a drawer in Dennis' desk today when my phone rang. It was the UPS dude with a package for me. As I walked down the steps all I could think of was, "what did he order?" He was always ordering something online.

As I signed for this rather large, but light weight package, I noticed it said the word lamp on the label. Dennis had many fixations - watches, lamps, night-lights - to name a few, but he usually would consult with me when it came to decorative items.

And this is what arrived:


It was Dennis' family in Massachusetts. There is a company called Memory Lane Lamps out east. As it says on the card, "the warmth and comfort of the lamp provides a lasting memory of a loved one..."

And the note that Donna and Louie and Carolyn, Katie and Daniel added, said:

"each time you use this lamp, may Dennis' love, spirit and light continue to shine."

I have been seeking Dennis spirit for the past week and a half now. So I put this by our bed so I could light it the first thing in the morning and the last thing at night.

Thank you, Donna, et. al.

Love you! Ann

7 comments:

  1. Ann, I must apologize, because I had the wrong blog to follow on my list - silly me! :(

    Anyway, I am still enjoying your writing and sharing the journey with you. I think of you every day and hope you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so beautiful!! I'm totally going to remember that for well, for sometime when it might be just the thing to send and write. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Gosh..Dennis knew..and this is way of saying..I will never leave you..not really. The lamp is lovely, Ann!

    Your/Iva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, I started one, but used the word car instead of care! I am glad you found the right one.

    I love your writing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a thoughtful gift and a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful lamp. That is such a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a wonderful gift for you, Annie, and what thoughtful people to do this for you. I hope you feel Dennis' presence each time you touch it.

    ReplyDelete